In addition to the tutorials I'm writing from time to time, I'm also working at a minimalist image viewer written in C and GTK+ 3, called NeonView. You can check it out here.
ProjectsBelow is a list of projects I'm working on, hosted on TuxArena. If you want to skip to the list of tutorials, go here. For the tutorials from the old static website, go here.
TuxArena.com - http://www.tuxarena.com
This is the main website. It contains Ubuntu/Debian/Mint news, tutorials and reviews, as well as anything related to Linux.
TuxArena Intro - http://www.tuxarena.com/intro/
This section is intended as an introduction to Linux, specifically Ubuntu and Mint, but you can also find here several Linux guides and command-line tutorials.
NeonView - http://www.tuxarena.com/neonview/
This is a free, open-source, lightweight image viewer which I work on from time to time, written in C and GTK+ 3, blending well in environments like GNOME or Xfce.
Beginner Command-Line Tutorials
Introduction to Linux Command-Line for Beginners
- Chapter I: Introduction to Linux and the Shell
- Chapter II: Useful General-Purpose Commands (*)
- Chapter III: The Power of the Shell - Working Efficiently (*)
- Chapter IV: Creating and Editing Files (*)
- Chapter V: Linux Directory Structure (*)
- Chapter VI: Environment Variables (*)
- Chapter VII: Bash Built-Ins (*)
- Chapter VIII: Pipes and Redirecting Output (*)
- Chapter IX: Permissions
- Chapter X: Getting Help (*)
Moving On: Advanced Command-Line
- Introduction to Aliases
- Writing Bash Scripts (*)
- Configuring the Bash Prompt (*)
- Configuring .bashrc to Change the Behavior of the Shell (*)
- How-To: Color and Format Manpages (*)
- How-To: Make ISO Images from Command-Line
Ubuntu Tutorials for Beginners
- Introduction to Linux and Ubuntu (*)
- The Unity Interface (*)
- Default Ubuntu Programs (*)
- Installing Flash
- Installing Audio and Video Codecs (*)
- Switch to a Different Desktop Environment (*)
- Installing Software in Ubuntu
Battle for Wesnoth
Tutorials (Old Site)
- How to Compile C/C++ in Ubuntu for Educational Purposes
- Complete Guide to Firefox in Ubuntu
- 2 Ways to Install the Latest Flash in Ubuntu 11.04
- Complete Step by Step Guide to Make ISO Images in Ubuntu
- Guide to CMus - Music Player for Your Terminal
- Command-Line Guide to Audio Files in Ubuntu
- Introduction to Linux Command-Line for Beginners
- A Guide to Wine on Ubuntu for Beginners
- How-To: Create ISO Images from Command-Line
- How-To: Enable Syntax Highlighting in Nano Editor
Obsolete StuffOver the time I wrote some scripts and plugins for XChat and Amarok 1.4, which are obsolete by now. They can be found on the SourceForge page, here.
- XNP* - XChat Now Playing script for Amarok 1.4, a Perl script for XChat to show the currently playing song in Amarok 1.4 | Download
- ANP - Amarok Now Playing plugin, a C plugin for XChat to show the currently playing song in Amarok 1.4 | Download
Another project which I haven't worked on for years now is XPTB, the eXtended Perl Trivia Bot for IRC, a simplistic Trivia script running in command-line mode. You can download it from here.