This new release, codenamed “Xiphophorus”, comes with several new features and a small bug fix:
- added zoom in and zoom out functions
- added rotate left, rotate right and flip image functions
- fixed a crash when trying to display a file which is no longer available
In addition to these, NeonView already provided the following features:
- all popular image formats supported (including PNG, JPG, TGA etc)
- usual keyboard shortcuts and clean, easy-to-use interface
- it remembers window size, start maximized, lock fit to window, remember fit to window
- configuration window for several usability options
- manual configuration via the ~/.neonview/neonview.cfg file
NeonView is a minimalist, lightweight image viewer written in C and GTK, completely free and open-source, created by TuxArena. Since it was recently launched, NeonView includes only a handful of features, but this is the base for development of new features and functionality.
The goal of NeonView is to stay lightweight while also providing ease of use and only the necessary options a basic image viewer should have.
Screenshots of 0.6.0