After changing its stable release policy to a more accelerated pace, Mozilla released Firefox 5 pretty quick after the latest major Firefox version was put out. Firefox 4 was released on March 22, 2011 and this version follows only three months later. Here’s an announcement on the Mozilla Blog website.
According to the official announcement, Firefox 5 includes:
- more than 1000 improvements and performance enhancements
- adds support for more modern web technologies
- now supports CSS animation standards
- Do Not Track privacy feature now available on Android too
- the new Add-on SDK allows local development of add-ons
To install it immediately in Ubuntu rather than waiting for the PPAs to update, you can follow this tutorial I wrote a few days ago. It shows how to install Firefox manually and Flash too.