OpenTTD 1.4.0, a free clone of the Transport Tycoon Deluxe game, has seen a new release yesterday, on April 1, 2014, and bundles hundreds of fixes and new features over the older version.
The game comes with many features, among which:
- tries to clone the original Transport Tycoon Deluxe as close as possible
- multiplayer mode up to 255 players in 15 companies
- in-game downloading of scenarios and maps
- mammoth and multi-headed trains
- many configuration options
The latest release comes with hundreds of new features and fixes over 1.3.3. OpenTTD is a great 2D simulation game, especially for the die hards of this genre.
To install OpenTTD in Ubuntu Trusty, download the DEB package from here and either double-click it or open a terminal and type:
Replace the filename with the name of your file (for 64-bit, Ubuntu 12.04, etc).