Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is a role-playing game which has finally made it to Steam earlier today. The game takes place in a fantasy universe called the Spine of the World and features single-player, multi-player and co-op modes.
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is developed by Beamdog and was launched today on Steam, and is available for Linux too for 19,99€. This edition includes restored content from the original Icewind Dale game and the Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansion packs. Some of the game highlights, as listed on the official homepage include:
- dozens of new spells and items, including new magic armor and weapons
- over 30 new kits and classes to create the perfect adventuring party
- multi-player co-op mode
- quest content cut from the original game, now finished and restored
- includes both the Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansion packs
- new interface, including the new Quickloot bar
- countless bug fixes and improvements
A game manual in PDF format can be downloaded from here.