War Thunder, a free, popular MMO based on World War II, has received a Linux client, so you can now install and play War Thunder for free on Steam.
The game is centered around aviation military units, but also includes land and sea combat. War Thunder was initially launched in August 2013 and received positive reviews. Here are War Thunder‘s features:
- Varied PvP-experiences set in full-scale combat missions
- Multiple settings options allow advanced virtual pilots and beginners to enjoy playing the game together
- Rich PvE content: dynamic campaigns, solo missions, mission editor, and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay
- Impressive diversity includes detailed models of planes and their cockpits, as well as tanks and ships
- Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects, and beautiful music
You can read the full announcement here. War Thunder is free to play on Steam.
War Thunder is a next generation MMO combat game dedicated to World War II military aviation, armored vehicles, and fleets. You will take part in all of the major combat battles, fighting with real players all over the world.